1 -Bilateral Cooperation
A large number of Memorandums Of Understanding and Agreements in the field of Information and Communication Technologies has been signed between Tunisia and international partners setting guidelines to cooperation, partnership, investment, technology transfer, Human Resource development, Research and Development.. mechanisms.
The Ministry of Communication Technologies has excellent relations with similar institutions in several countries and participates actively to Joint Commissions, Follow-up Commissions as well as to preparing High Commissions and Political Commissions.
2 -Multilateral Cooperation
During the last few years, Tunisia strengthened efforts to integrate the Knowledge Globalization, tightening ties with regional groups and International Organisations acting in the ICT field lik
- The United Nations Organization
- International Telecommunication Union
- Universal Postal Union
- European Union
- The World Trade Organization
- The World Bank
- The Arab League
- Arab Maghreb Union
- Community of Sahel and Sahara States...
3 -Triangular Cooperation
Tunisia acquired a rich experience in telecommunication, postal services, implementation and management of technological parks.. and has engaged in helping Less Developed Countries reduce the digital divide separating them from the rest of the world. Tunisia has become an ICT Regional Center in the region.
The favorable geo-strategic position in Africa and the Middle East, combined with expertise and know-how is helping it become a regional Hub bridging the gap between Developed Countries to LDCs, and responding to LDCs specific needs in technology transfer, training, and development
A triangular cooperation has been initiated between Tunisia, the African countries and the European Union, Japan, South Korea and Canada.
4 - Events
In the past few years, Tunisia hosted and co-organized important events in the ICT field: The Second Phase of the World Summit on Information Technologies, Tunis, (16 to 18 November, 2005).Further information is available on the following websites :
The meeting of the Arab Ministers of Communication Technologies, Arab League ARABCOM
2nd Conference on Information Industries, co-organized with The Ministry of industry
5 - Investissment opportunities :
- International Cooperation in the ICT field, aims mainly at building win-win situations with the creation of businesses mostly oriented to exportation of services.
- A number of licenses has been issued to several private ICT companies working in the field of mobile phones, data services, off shore call centers, e-commerce..
- 30% of the capital of TUNISIE TELECOM has been privatized and the company is acquiring a strategic partner.
- Additional information on incentives and encouragements to investors in Tunisia, are available on “Support to Investors? on the home page or please visit: http://www.investintunisia.comww.investintunisia.com